Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Nonsensical Juxtapositions

Early eve and the Sun hath rised
It sank upon the rock Son's eyes

He only smelt the leaf wife's Girl
But still he loved her waifen curl

Stationed so, he inched his way
Across the ocean in a day

He reached his lass to find her gone
She knew he left that on eves' morn

The leaf wife's girl had come to go
She could not, does not love him so

The rock son's eyes lift to the night
He stared down in the bright sun light

His heart did break, his tears did dry
Sugar sweet into the the sky.



My strange attempt at a Lewis Carroll inspired poem. I think I'll call it Nonsensical Juxtapositions.

1 comment:

  1. Haa, that's just my kind of poetry. I love that you can't just seem to find a clear meaning in it when you're reading it the first time but after you've read it more often you'll find metaphors or symbols, reading between the lines and so finding a meaning for yourself : )
    Love the words you're using / the way you write. It's kind of straight out but also very intimite. You should write more poems I think XO

    ReplyDelete